4.26.2011

Feelin' Folky








Forever 21 printed maxi skirt, thrifted boots, Old Navy top, Forever 21 hammered metal bracelet, H&M rings

For some reason this month I did a really good job with my budget and I also got a raise at work so I bet you know what that means! Yes, a small amount of shopping. Perfect timing too, with the seasons changing and all these pretty clothes showing up in stores. I managed to snag two really great maxi skirts this week, this being one of them. I've found with maxi skirts and dresses that the fit is all about how it hangs. This one is sheer and light with a darker layer underneath, meaning it hangs wonderfully and swings when I walk. I wasn't sure about the print at first, but now I'm convinced. 

After my shopping, I went to see The Cave Singers at the Doug Fir on Friday, so I really wanted to throw on something kind of hippie-ish and folky. I pulled this skirt right out of my bag, threw on some boots and bam, folky outfit ready to go. If you haven't heard The Cave Singers before, you should check out their newest album No Witch. It is great great stuff and they are even better live. The lead singer has so much energy it always makes for a fun show. I've included a little sample below in case you'd like to take a listen.



xoxo

Kelly


4 comments:

Unknown said...

that skirt is a beaut!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

L said...

love the hammered gold bracelet!

TravelDesignery.com
.

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Fabulous skirt and I adore the booties you have paired it with!

xo
Nicole
www.frankieheartsfashion.com

Unknown said...

turned out nice!