9.01.2010

Arcade Fire Obsessed


I was going to write a post about this a few weeks ago when I first got the record, but clearly I got sidetracked, so here it is now. All you really need to know is that the new Arcade Fire album is ridiculously good and you must go buy it right now if you don't have it already. 

The Suburbs launches Arcade Fire into true Rock-Star-dom and the album is appropriately epic, with a cohesive theme and not a throwaway track in sight. I almost always want to listen to The Suburbs in the correct order, in its entirety. That says a lot for someone who constantly has her iTunes playlists on shuffle. While my favorites are ever-changing, right now my top picks are "Ready To Start," "Rococo," "We Used To Wait," and "Half Light II (No Celebration." See below for musical genius. :)




Click here to take part in the interactive experience Arcade Fire has created for "We Used To Wait." It only works with Google Chrome and Safari, but it is worth downloading Chrome to see, I swear. If you can't do either, click here to see a video of the experience. Not nearly as good, but you get the idea. 

No comments: