5.08.2010

Met Gala beauties


I meant to blog about this a few days ago, but I had days full of fact-checking for the magazine and two lovely evenings out! Anywho...

The Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art is always host to some of the most exciting and daring fashions of the season. And this year we saw everything from tulle princess dresses (see Zac Posen's design on Doutzen Kroes) to sleek and sexy jumpsuits (see model Chanel Iman in Michael Kors, as well as Tina Fey in YSL, not pictured). 

Beautiful designs all around worn by Maggie Gyllenhaal, Camilla Belle, and Zoe Saldana. That Louis Vuitton looks like it's made of acid-wash fabric! I so wish I could see it up close.


Oh Alexa Chung, you always get it right. Probably my favorite of the night in that femme tuxedo outfit by 3.1 Phillip Lim. Another lovely Vuitton and the always daring Chloe Sevigny in a fabulous Proenza Schouler design. 


Now that, Doutzen Kroes, is a Met Gala dress! Dreamy as Zac Posen always is. I would love to wear that silky gold jumpsuit myself, and what a great way to look effortlessly chic. I'm very intrigued by the print on Kristen Bell's DVF dress. Very cool. 

Who was your favorite?

xoxo

1 comment:

Alison Nicole said...

I loooooove Chanel Iman in Michael Kors, Rachel Bilson in LV, and Zoe Saldana in Calvin Klein. The MET Ball is always my favorite fashion event of the year!

I just added you to my blogroll :)